I like to drink socially. I also like being healthy. Yes, I know these two things are not 100% aligned, but that’s between me and my god and the rugby culture I was brought up in.
Because of this I thought I would detail the best options for a healthier night (please note the below doesn’t make it healthy- it makes it healthier for a diet!).
Did you know a pint of beer is the equivalent to a large piece of pizza? No? Nor did I until I started looking into this blog post. I appreciate you can argue Beer is going to be the healthiest alcohol in many cases due to the amount of antioxidants it has and the actual nutrients, including the vitamin B it contains. But the below is detailing alcohol with low calories.
For a lot of the options I will detail below, you will be trading fewer calories for less flavour – and when it comes to Vodka a bit of an unexpected kick! Unfortunately that is the nature of calories. Normally – high calorific food/drink taste the best. Bar liquor!
So a list of alcohol drinks with low calories
- Vodka mixed with True Lemon Raspberry Lemonade mix
- Flavoured vodka with soda water
- Margaretta – Tequila, lime seltzer water, and Rose’s lime to taste
- A diet Cuban – Rum, diet Coke, lime
- Vodka and sparkling water with a twist of fresh lemon
- Vodka with water (or melting ice cubes in summer)
- G&T a middle class classic but add diet tonic to make it that much healthier
- Cranberry and vodka
- A good bourbon
If you have a favourite healthy (alcoholic) drink you want to share, comment below and we will add it to the list above!
Please note the photo is a few years old… and I had spent a day out in the sun. It’s tough being a near ginger!
Much love Harry