Today I thought I would venture towards the unheard of and have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. Don’t gobblefunk around with my words (BFG. 1982) people do it all the time but I thought I would make it healthy(er). Hence the reason for making Protein pancakes. It literally takes 10 minutes at most and all you need utensil wise is a blender and a frying pan.
The ingredients for the protein pancakes are as follows;
- Cottage Cheese – two large table spoons
- Three medium sized eggs (two full eggs and one egg white)
- 30g of instant oats aka one scoop
- 30g of protein (vanilla is the best but I have even tried chocolate and it is good!)
- Hand full of blue berries
- A banana
- Throw (place) into the blender; two large table spoons of cottage cheese; two eggs and one egg white; one scoop of instant oats; one scoop of protein powder; and, a banana (if you want).
- Put your frying pan onto full heat and let it heat up.
- Blend the recipe together until it is a smooth consistency.
- Add oil to the frying pan (I used 1 calorie spray).
- Use the mixture and pour it into the frying pan to make your pancakes. Cook for about 10-15 seconds each side.
- Serve with the blue berries and honey drizzled on top.
- Play the below and enjoy your pancakes!
Thank you for reading this recipe and if you need any help/ have some suggestions give us a shout.